The new cosleeping

Cosleepers won’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Incidentally, if you have a minute, post a comment on the Jasmine review. My daughter has been asking whether anyone commented and she wants to see what people said. She believes she has a promising career as a blogger. Yeah, I haven’t taught her about money yet.

Comments

18 Responses to “The new cosleeping”

1. Jeremy says:

Epic! Truly Epic! Great vid!

April 12th, 2010 at 8:17 am

2. anjii says:

That was great!

April 12th, 2010 at 8:44 am

3. Heather says:

LOL….well you had me laugh and cry! My son has done this to us sooo many times. Just not in his crib though! ;) haha

April 12th, 2010 at 8:57 am

4. Steve says:

This says *so* much about what it’s like to be a parent. I’ve been so close to doing this myself. The only difference is that I’d be really tempted to just lie down and sleep there for the rest of the night!

April 12th, 2010 at 9:35 am

5. MomalomJen says:

Oh, I’ve been there. And then, we just gave up on the crib altogether…

April 12th, 2010 at 9:41 am

6. Allison says:

We co-slept and this video had me laughing out loud. Some nights were like that just in a bigger bed.

Sidecar crib = best setup ever in my opinion. Baby can snuggle and then you can just roll them over into the crib when they are asleep.

April 12th, 2010 at 9:55 am

7. Cindy says:

I can honestly say I have crawled into my son’s crib with him before, which made me laugh even harder at this guy! His face and the hand gestures trying to figure out how to get out… I was SO there! My son sleeps through noises, but if you touch him or move him, he’s up. I had my escape route planned and made sure we were only touching, not him laying on me!

April 12th, 2010 at 10:21 am

8. Stephanie says:

I’ve thought about getting in the crib… but I thought it would break with my weight. Now I’m glad I didn’t because I would be in this kind of situation.

April 12th, 2010 at 10:29 am

9. Tonia says:

Both my husband and I were cracking up laughing (while our own daughter is blissfully sleeping). I’ve woken after drifting off on a rough night to a head pressed against my stomach and tiny feet under my nose and can’t escape.

April 12th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

10. observer says:

while i love the idea of cosleeping. pacifying my child by climbing into a crib with them is not going to solve anything. it will just make the child more dependant on the parent for comfort and less able to fall asleep on their own

April 13th, 2010 at 6:57 pm

11. David says:

omg, that’s incredible. ha.

April 14th, 2010 at 6:39 am

12. Teacher Jennifer says:

I don’t think this is funny at all.

“Hey, let’s make a funny video about how much our baby inconveniences us!”

Babies are babies; they need to be held, soothed, loved, and made to feel comfortable in any environment, even at 3am. If you can’t commit to that, don’t have a baby.

April 15th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

13. Elizabeth W. says:

That’s exactly why we’re going with the Montessori floor bed this time (actually a twin futon on the floor). So we can easily soothe baby at night, but unlike when you bring baby in your bed, we can also easily sneak away and have grown-up only time after baby goes back to sleep.

April 16th, 2010 at 5:17 am

14. Joe D. says:

Lol. Reminds me of my daughter who invariably wakes up in the middle of the night and sneaks in to become a barnacle in our bed.Start to roll over in the middle of the night and, oh, hello.
    I never crawled into their crib though.

April 16th, 2010 at 8:02 am

15. Leslie says:

that was so funny! been there too!

April 16th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

16. Kathleen says:

That was really funny!!! How do you find this stuff!

April 17th, 2010 at 6:01 pm

17. Mylene says:

I know how that feels. So funny!

April 28th, 2010 at 5:10 pm

18. Ann says:

So flippin cute. Reminds me of when my daughter was a baby. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!

June 28th, 2010 at 9:41 am