Friday, January 8th, 2010
Regis & Kelly Beautiful Baby Search 2010
It’s here, the one baby contest you can’t ignore: The Regis & Kelly Beautiful Baby Search 2010. It has a $125,000 first prize and your kid appears on the cover of Parenting Magazine.
- Grand prize: $125,000 for 4-years of college education and your child on the cover of Parenting Magazine, Early Years edition.
- Four runners up: $25,000 for 1-year of college education.
- Ten semi-finalists: one year’s worth of Gerber’s Start Healthy, Stay Healthy food vouchers ($1,000 value).
The Details, Summarized:
- Your child must be between the age of 6 months and 48 months (4 years) as of January 5, 2010 and a legal resident of one of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Canada, with the exception of Maine, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and the Province of Quebec, Canada and where prohibited by law.
- Submit a non-professional photo of your baby taken in the last month. Twins, triplets, etc. can be entered with a single photo.
- Enter the contest by 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Friday, January 29, 2010. Photo receipt will not be acknowledged.
- Send your submission via the contest website (or snail mail a photo to the address listed in the contest rules).
- Your photo should be a JPG or GIF, with dimensions of 2000 x 1500 pixels or smaller. The photo becomes the property of Live with Regis & Kelly and could be shown on TV even if you don’t win.
Dates to Remember:
- Entry deadline: 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Friday, January 29, 2010.
- Week of February 22, 2010: potential semi-finalists will be notified by telephone with 3 attempts made. You snooze, you lose.
- Week of March 1, 2010: Ten semi-finalists’ pictures appear on the TV show and website. The public votes for 5 of the 10 semi-finalists. [History tells us voting is likely limited to a 24-hour period.]
- [Guessing] Week of March 8, 2010: Five finalists attend a photo shoot and appear in New York on LIVE with Regis & Kelly.
- Official contest entry form
- Official contest rules
- 2010 Baby Gallery (some of the submissions, not semi-finalists)
- First-hand account from a finalist in the 2008 contest (the whole whirlwind experience)
- Tips from Parenting Magazine on what makes a good photo (short answer: head shot, looking at the camera with spirit)
- Parenting’s pages about the 2008 winner and 50 other photos they liked
- 2007′s winner and semi-finalists
- 2008′s winner and semi-finalists
- 2009′s winner and finalists (at bottom of page)
- Create a fake Parenting Magazine cover using your baby’s photo
Note: Thingamababy is not hosting this contest and cannot provide you technical support. Click the links above for official rules and entry information.
Unofficially, discuss the contest below for fun. Are you entering your child?