Discuss: Four photos and a video

A color advertisement featuring a toddler and the words: Mama, die, die, die. Alsjeblieft.

Translated Dutch: “Mommy, (I want) that one, that one, that one. Please.”

Photo of a sign that reads: Kiducation. We turn used clothing into new kids through education.

A new era in recycling [via Flickr users Lance and Erin]

Photo of a plush green Tyrannosaurus Rex that is almost spherical in shape.

Squishable T-Rex Giant Plush from TopatoCo is a morbidly obese 20-inch plush dino.

Two parents with their toddler who is wearing diapers emblazoned with the Olympic logo.

News release title: Babies of U.S. Olympic athletes among first to get new high performance diaper — Pampers(R) Cruisers with Dry Max

Photo caption: Skeleton World Champion Noelle Pikus-Pace and daughter Lacee will be sharing their Olympic Winter Games experiences from Lacee’s point of view on Pampers.com.

Question: Any bets on where the diapers were manufactured?

Comments

11 Responses to “Discuss: Four photos and a video”

1. silver says:

I know that pampers has diaper manufacturing plants in the US (my dad is an engineer at one). So I would guess that they are actually made in the USA.

January 21st, 2010 at 9:58 am

Hmm, I’ve not noticed a ‘made in the USA’ label before, but perhaps it’s there. I googled the phrases “made in America” and “made in the USA” for pampers.com and came up with nothing. Does anyone know if everything that goes into a diaper (chemicals, materials, etc.) are from US sources? I’m surprised the news release about the diaper’s tie-in to the US Olympic team didn’t mention its American manufacturing. It’s a huge issue because America has outsourced so many of its manufacturing jobs.

January 21st, 2010 at 10:54 am

3. Rhonda says:

Here’s the link to find out where each of their products are manufactured in the US. You can also click through the various links to see what they manufacture in other countries.

January 21st, 2010 at 12:42 pm

4. Nancy says:

I’m probably a terrible person but I laughed at that video. Especially when the kid really got stuck. He sounds exactly like my 3 year old.

January 21st, 2010 at 4:35 pm

5. Teacher Jennifer says:

Dutch: funny

Kiducation: needs parenthesis to clarify what exactly they’re doing

Dino: Oh, poor Admiral Akbar! “It’s a trap!”

Diapers: China

Video: mildly disturbing, but situational, I suppose. If it were the tenth time the kid jammed himself in behind the couch, I might be filming it too.

January 21st, 2010 at 6:38 pm

6. Mariana Perri says:

Man… the video made me feel really bad for the kid!

January 21st, 2010 at 7:40 pm

7. Mags says:

Procter & Gamble may have some manufacturing here in the US but the majority of it is outside of the US. They are in more than 80 countries. Also, P&G makes a tremendous variety of products so without additional research, it would be tough so say where those diapers are made. My guess it outside of the US. Did you realize they make Aussie shampoos and Braun razors, pantene, Olay, Vidal Sassoon, pregnancy tests, dog food, toothpaste, contact lenses, over the counter medications, anything and everything having to do with laundry,feminine hygiene products and of course, Pampers. They have a lot going on.

The video was funny.

January 25th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

8. Mags says:

Oh, as far as US sourced supplies and chemicals…most of the manufaturing materials are sourced from outside of the US.

January 25th, 2010 at 2:43 pm

9. Nichole says:

I think my favorite part of the video was when the boy said he didn’t want to tell how he got back there. That is SO like something my 3 year old would do. Tell me she doesn’t want to tell me and then when she does tell me, not a detail is missed!

January 25th, 2010 at 10:58 pm

10. warren says:

Iam a teenager and my mother still makes me wear thick cloth diapers and rubber panties and I am not allowed to change myself. I do sometimes wet my bed, but she says I need to wear them 24/7 in case I have an accident . Also she says it prevents me from playing with myself,and that is very importent .

January 26th, 2013 at 9:46 am

11. warren says:

I am a teenager and my mother still makes me wear thick cloth diapers and rubber panties,and I am not allowed to change my self.I somtimes wet my bed,but she says I need to ear them 24/7 in case I have an accident.Also she says it prevents me from playing with myself and that is very imortant

January 26th, 2013 at 10:03 am