Tuesday, November 17th, 2009
Giveaway: Putumayo’s Family Christmas CD
To enter, use the comment form to post a comment on this article telling us:
1) The name of your favorite, or most hated, Christmas gift you received in your childhood.
2) A link to a webpage containing a photo of this vintage toy, OR describe the toy for us enough that we can make a mental picture.
3) Include your valid e-mail address in the “Email:” field of the form.
This contest is open to residents of the US and Canada (you need a North American shipping address).
The deadline is 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, November 24. Three winners will be selected at random and notified via e-mail. You’ll have 48 hours to respond or the prize might be awarded to someone else.
1) My favorite toy was a green stretch monster.
2) The toy I hated most was a tyrannosaurus rex my mother gave me. Its body was a solid molded piece, essentially a plastic rock with a slightly movable jaw. I didn’t understand how you could play with such a thing, then my mother told me it was a shampoo bottle. I cried my eyes out and ran to my room. [True story]
Got the idea?