Why is it?

We know that children willingly accept that Santa’s elves create all of their favorite toys that are commercially packaged in cardboard and molded plastic, complete with company names, marketing slogans and flashy graphics. Why is it that when Santa forgets to remove a price tag on one toy, the jig is up?

Comments

8 Responses to “Why is it?”

santa doesn’t have money

November 18th, 2009 at 9:26 am

2. Leigh says:

I would tell them that Santa dropped theirs and had to go to Target, or he ran out and made a special trip to Toys R Us….

November 18th, 2009 at 1:05 pm

3. Dallas says:

What are you talking about? I’m 37 and still believe in Santa. My Mommy told me when I was little, “If you stop believing in him, he stops coming.” I do believe, I do, I do, I do!!!
    :-D

November 18th, 2009 at 4:59 pm

4. A Mom Amok says:

Well, you’ve got to draw the line somewhere. Children has standards to uphold, after all.

November 18th, 2009 at 7:51 pm

5. gertie says:

My mom always puts a sticker any printed price (especially on books). So for me, it was the opposite: the jig was up whenever I saw one of her little stickers on a “Santa” gift.

November 19th, 2009 at 12:01 am

6. Amber says:

Hmm. You could avoid this calamity by doing what I do and what my mom did. Leave Santa’s presents unwrapped and unboxed and ready to play with.

No questions as to why they’re plastic wrapped or anything–plus, when your little ones wake up at 5am, they have something to play with before you crawl out of bed.

I always had strict guidelines–you can play with what Santa brought you–QUIETLY–but you have to leave the wrapped gifts until Mommy gets up.

November 19th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

7. Elizabeth says:

Ditto for us on the unwrapped Santa gifts – at our house Santa’s gifts are all de-packaged and assembled with the batteries put in and the whole nine yards. Makes Christmas morning less labor intensive for mom and dad.

November 22nd, 2009 at 11:24 am

8. Carrie says:

I have a one year old so this is all new to me, but I love the idea that presents from Santa are not wrapped! I might start this tradition- we didn’t do that when I was a kid so it would have never occured to me.

December 3rd, 2009 at 11:10 am