Hipster Bibster for Hipster Babies

Photo and a diagram of the Hipster Bibster, which somewhat resembles an apron without shoulder straps.

From a news release:

“The Hipster Bibster is the perfect solution for any messy baby who hates to wear a regular neck bib. This bib is great for self-feeding babies who drop everything on their chest & lap area. The idea for the bib stemmed out of a mom’s frustration with her daughter constantly ripping off her bib from around her neck and staining her clothes. Instead of having to change her daughter’s clothing after each meal, this mom decided to create a product that would safely protect the lap and chest area during eating.”

The Bibster has elastic straps with Velcro closures that fit around the back of the torso. It’s mom-invented, one-size-fits-all, BPA-free, waterproof and has a Velcro pocket.

Thinga-readers know me too well. I’m not going to say it. You say it. I’m speechless.

Comments

11 Responses to “Hipster Bibster for Hipster Babies”

The girl is a little old for a bib? Other than that, I don’t see the problem. Looks like my son’s bib, but attached differently because of a neck problem.

October 20th, 2009 at 1:04 pm

2. Phil says:

The “prime landing zone” for food is completely exposed (at least my dudes’ prime landing zone). Looks like a cool painting smock though.

October 20th, 2009 at 1:40 pm

3. Traci says:

couldn’t you just use an apron

October 20th, 2009 at 6:25 pm

4. gertie says:

Don’t they know that as soon as you call yourself a hipster you are not a hipster? Hipsters always deny.

Besides, a real hipster would make their own bibs out of grandpa’s old handkerchiefs, or something equally random.

October 20th, 2009 at 7:14 pm

5. adrienne says:

Finally a bib to coordinate with my daughter’s strapless gowns!

October 20th, 2009 at 9:06 pm

6. KB 111 says:

I’m going to say it’s the “tired of a [blank] that just wouldn’t [blank], this mom…” part. Children must have suffered unimaginable fates in the days before everything was disposable and available in designer colors. I mean seriously, how many more kids must we lose to fashion faux-pas-related accidents?!

October 20th, 2009 at 10:18 pm

7. Noreen says:

looks like an apron tied up to high!

October 20th, 2009 at 10:53 pm

8. KGS says:

Nice, but I still prefer my invention, which I call “take the baby’s shirt off.” The idea stemmed from a mom’s frustration with washing baby stuff all the time. Instead of having to change clothes after each meal, moms can now rely on their baby’s own naturally stain-resistant skin in all but the coldest months (well, and those really fancy dinner parties babies often attend). I’m having a hard time with the patent for some reason, though…

October 21st, 2009 at 9:59 am

Also harder to take the kids’ shirt off when 1) They are wearing a onesie or 2) They hate having things pulled over their head. :)

I do it for particularly messy meals (spaghetti), but its easier to put a washable bib on for things like yogurt, oatmeal, etc.

October 21st, 2009 at 11:23 am

My thoughts were in line with Phil. The area a bib needs most to cover is the first few inches directly below the chin. As a baby bib, this product would have allowed quite a few spills on my kids’ shirts.

October 22nd, 2009 at 5:43 am

11. carrie says:

If that’s the pic posted with the description, shouldn’t it read “…The Hipster Bibster is the perfect solution for any messy toddler or preschooler who hates to wear a regular neck bib.” That kid is NOT a baby.

My 3 year old hits her lap with a lot of food if she’s distracted while eating. She won’t wear a bib, but will wear a child’s size chef apron or even a tea towel tucked into the neck of her shirt.

This one is a miss for me.

October 22nd, 2009 at 4:07 pm