Tuesday, July 14th, 2009
Baby Link Roundup #8,341
1. Baby calming via dog:
We just use wind chimes above the changing table, but a dog works too. Video via Bebés y más.
2. Raising free-range kids — Roger Ebert’s recollections of childhood. Roger writes awesomely long and interesting articles on his blog.
4. Interesting: Map of states removing circumcision from Medicaid-funded procedures – This will slide the near 50-50 split toward uncut boys in the coming years.
5. Lost wallets are more often returned if they contain a baby photo — I love the reporter’s tie-in to evolutionary behavior.
6. Mommy bloggers becoming money makers — just a reminder that a majority of baby blogs out there are BS. Bloggers should always disclose when they receive a reviewed product as a gift, and hey, use some discretion in what you throw at people as supposed recommendations.
7. Harry Potter fans: Daniel Radcliffe gets grilled by an 11-year-old reporter. The guy is either media savvy or a really nice guy, or both.
9. Toddler tossing: scary video of the week…
10. A toddler joke played out as a movie trailer… gets a bit tired at the end, but I was compelled to watch.