Baby Link Roundup #7,851

Not that I find the above song actually funny, and some will surely find it decidedly unfunny, but my wife did snort at one lyric and it’s the least offensive of 3 videos I considered posting and I think there is a kernel of truth somewhere buried in the song.

Now, some links… (Sorry to folks who submitted links; I haven’t looked at them yet.)

1. The most disturbing push car-stroller-thing you’ll see today.

2. The BPA industry is about to jack up the spin. Lots of products rely on BPA now, such as canned food and cola cans. Farmer’s markets and Mexican Coca-Cola are looking better and better.

3. 10 creative Mac & Cheese creations. This got a lot of play on social networks. Am I the only one who looks at these photos and thinks, I’m never eating this stuff again?

4. Photos of book-inspired cake designs you’ll have to make at home because no one will make them for you out of absurd corporation-inspired copyright concerns.

5. Cat Hammock – Not baby related. I just convinced my wife one will be arriving on Tuesday, to her dismay.

6. How to teach a child to argue — A really thought-provoking piece about teaching your kids to argue, in the classical Greek sense of the word. I’d really like to know what Thinga-readers think. I almost made this one a separate post.

Comments

7 Responses to “Baby Link Roundup #7,851”

1. KGS says:

I think number 6 is awesome. Grad school would have been a lot easier if I’d learned this at the dinner table, rather than picking up a feeling that arguing is often socially awkward.

June 5th, 2009 at 9:29 am

2. megan says:

I’ve seen Heinrich’s piece before – I think it’s genius. whatever passed for logic & “discussion” around my dinner table did not pass muster, and like KGS, I picked up few skills re: disagreement & learned to avoid debate.

June 5th, 2009 at 11:36 am

3. Stephanie says:

I love number 6! I was a headstrong, argumentative little kid, and then “difficult” teenager, and now as an adult I am married to someone who admittedly knows he cannot argue. But knowing how to argue is important in day to day life. I’d rather my daughter know how to stick up for herself and argue than be a complete pushover. And arguing is different from bullying.

I think you can make this an extended post. It’s worthy.

June 5th, 2009 at 12:57 pm

4. Jeanne says:

:D I loved that song. I guess I should be hated by all mommyhood.

June 6th, 2009 at 4:07 am

5. Jennifer says:

Love the lask link. I wish everyone was taught this (not just children). So many adults have such childish arguments. Thank you for sharing!

June 6th, 2009 at 12:19 pm

6. Jen says:

Totally didn’t find the song offensive. What good is life if we can’t poke fun at each other?

I think that push car is AWESOME!

And if I ever get my butt in gear, I hope to post on the last link sometime soon.

Good stuff!

June 8th, 2009 at 6:21 am

7. Kimberly says:

I love the Pregnant Women are smug video too. I saw a a month or so ago and shared it with all my friends. The song is super catchy.

Off to check the other links now.

June 8th, 2009 at 3:59 pm