Mom Screws up Lucky’s Funeral

By the end, I really kind of feel sorry for Lucky, and not because he died. [Link via Neatorama.]

Comments

12 Responses to “Mom Screws up Lucky’s Funeral”

Hrms. I disagree with your title. I didn’t think mama screwed it up at all. Certainly, the funeral proceeded through to the end.

March 30th, 2009 at 5:59 am

What, you don’t think in thirty years that little girl will be in therapy after she uncovers this video and all those repressed memories come falling out about how her mother never really was in tune with her daughter’s life? Not that the father is the best either.

I mostly feel sorry for Lucky to have the sum of his life relegated to nothingness as the adults mix up his name and the one person who really cared about him won’t even remember him a couple years from now. Poor Lucky.

March 30th, 2009 at 7:26 am

3. Kimberly says:

How could she not say one nice thing about the fish? Her young daughter had to help her find the words, hmmm.

I don’t think the little girl will be scarred, and was really impressed with the thoughtful things she said about the fish. Too bad they had two fish die in two weeks.

March 30th, 2009 at 9:04 am

4. ericafromamerica says:

Maybe they didn’t take care of the fish tank well enough – two fish dead in two weeks. I think it is lame that the mom couldn’t find anything nice to say about her daughter’s dead fish. She certainly didn’t have to “know” lucky to say he was pretty or that he will be missed. Great opportunity to teach the daughter how to grieve down the toilet…

March 30th, 2009 at 11:52 am

5. lisa says:

EW, i thought the mom was yucky. I would’ve liked to put her head in that toilet and flush it a few times…..

March 31st, 2009 at 9:35 pm

6. Farah says:

It sounded like her Mom was trying hard not to roll on the floor laughing. It seems like sacrilege. Her little girl is sniffling about her dead ‘friend’ Lucky, the second pet lost in a week while Mom is trying not to pee in her pants laughing at just how darned amusing Lucky’s funeral is turning out.

I was impressed with the little girl. Did she correct her mother’s grammar from love to ‘loved’?

As for a proper memorial for Lucky, c’mon AJ the little dude got an internet funeral that got more viewers than some US President memorials. I think he is leaping out of the water with joy in ‘fish heaven’.

April 1st, 2009 at 7:06 am

7. Phil says:

Let’s cut the mom some slack. It may well be that they have a tank full of fish and she’s just tired of the weekly funerals

These parents are obviously doing something right — what a thoughtful little gal.

April 1st, 2009 at 7:37 am

8. Julie says:

You guys are definitely going overboard with how “awful” the mom is. You don’t even know anything else about her or what she may really be like. Furthermore, this video isn’t about a Mom messsing up Lucky’s funeral—it’s about Lucky’s funeral and how wonderful little Maya was about it.

Phil’s right—for the girl to be SO thoughtful, the parent are obviously doing something right….

April 2nd, 2009 at 8:46 pm

I’m beginning to think there’s something suspicious going on here. First Marlond dies, and then Lucky a week later. Mom shows up late for the funeral, laughing maniacally while at a loss for words, any words that might give her child relief in this time of great sadness, let alone words that might honor Lucky’s life. Shall I connect the dots for you?

April 3rd, 2009 at 11:44 am

10. beachcomber says:

Aw cummon….give Mom a break. No matter how good a mom you are (and I’ve done both water and garden ceremonies for beloved fish and rodent pets) filming a flushing would put many a mom into fits. I giggled watching it though I was truly astonished by the little girl’s clarity both of thought and speech. The parents make me look bad…I’ve never filmed a funeral mostly because I’m SURE I would not be able to keep a straight face.

April 3rd, 2009 at 1:13 pm

11. Jen says:

The girl is super cute. And she did her fair share of grinning throughout too.

I? Cracked up. Call me insensitive, but that was funny. Then I read AJ’s second comment and laughed some more.

April 8th, 2009 at 6:02 pm

12. Lori says:

I’m with Phil. At least the parents didn’t swap the dead fish out with a doppelganger. And funerals aren’t supposed to be all sad — what about celebrating the life that was Lucky? Though perhaps they should think twice about the monikers they bestow on their pets. How about “2:1 Odds” or “Even Money” for the next fish?

April 11th, 2009 at 6:00 am