Tuesday, January 13th, 2009
Regis & Kelly Beautiful Baby Search 2009
It’s here, the one baby contest you can’t ignore: The Regis & Kelly Beautiful Baby Search 2009. It has a $125,000 first prize and your kid appears on the cover of Parenting Magazine. Plus, there’s the whole thing about meeting Kelly Ripa in person (dads, you with me?) and pressing your index finger against Regis‘ forehead to see if he’s real.
- Grand prize: $125,000 for 4-years of college education and your child on the cover of Parenting Magazine, Early Years edition.
- Four runners up: $25,000 for 1-year of college education.
- Ten semi-finalists: one year’s worth of Gerber’s Start Healthy, Stay Healthy food ($1,000 value).
The Details, Summarized:
- Your baby must be between 6 and 48 months (4 years) old, and a citizen ofÂ the United States or Canada (Quebec and US territories are ineligible).
- Submit a non-professional photo of your baby taken in the last month. Twins, triplets, etc. can be entered with a single photo.
- Enter the contest by 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Friday, February 13, 2009. Photo receipt will not be acknowledged.
- Send your submission via the contest website (or snail mail a photo to the address listed in the contest rules).
- Your photo should be a JPG or GIF, sized to 150KB or smaller. The photo becomes the property of Live with Regis & Kelly and could be shown on TV even if you don’t win.
Dates to Remember:
- Entry deadline: 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Friday, February 13, 2009.
- Week of March 2, 2009: potential semi-finalists will be notified by telephone with 3 attempts made. You snooze, you lose.
- Week of March 9, 2009: Ten semi-finalists’ pictures appear on the LIVE TV show and website. The public votes for 5 of the 10 semi-finalists. [History tells us voting is likely limited to a 24-hour period.]
- (Guessing:) Week of March 9, 2009: Five finalists appear in New York on LIVE with Regis & Kelly. [Last year, once the 5 finalists were chosen, they were whisked away to New York ASAP.]
- Official contest entry form
- Official contest rules
- Tips from Parenting Magazine on what makes a good photo (short answer: head shot, looking at the camera with spirit)
- Parenting’s pages about the 2008 winner and 50 other photos they liked
- 2007′s winner and semi-finalists
- 2008′s winner and semi-finalists
- Thingamababy’s first-hand account from a finalist in the 2008 contest (the whole whirlwind experience)
Note: Thingamababy is not hosting this contest and cannot provide you technical support. Click the links above for official rules and entry information.
Unofficially, discuss the contest below for fun. Are you entering your child?
Update: The 10 semi-finalists are displayed below.
Here are the 5 finalists…