Stop the world and cough with me

My family is sick. Worse, our 8-month-old son isn't fond of being horizontal right now. Kudos to my wife who has taken the brunt of sleeping in 1 and 2 hour spurts. Nosefrida, you are our best friend.

This week, it'll be quiet as I update several contests, maybe share some links, and try to keep our house from falling apart. Next week, I'll start cracking a big backlog on product reviews.

A big change for me (a little change for you) will occur this week, which I'll mention when we get there.

You are more than welcome to e-mail me with links to interesting parenting blog posts, news articles and products, or heck, even family photos of stuff going on recently in your life. I'd love to see more of this from the people who don't just read, but choose to participate on Thingamababy. Thank you.

Comments

7 Responses to “Stop the world and cough with me”

1. Groovymarlin says:

Awww! Sorry to hear it. I am just getting over a bad cough too. It took four days on antibiotics (after two weeks of stubbornly refusing to visit the doctor) before I finally started to feel like I was turning the corner on this thing.

Steam is always helpful.

To cheer you up, here’s a picture of my daughter hamming it up on Halloween, in a blessedly UN-skanky toddler costume:

November 11th, 2008 at 11:21 am

2. brandy says:

Ick. Too much snot around here, too. Hello fall/winter! I have not missed you.

Take care!

November 11th, 2008 at 12:57 pm

3. Nicki says:

I used to LOVE winter. Then I had a baby….not so fun with the crud.

November 11th, 2008 at 2:52 pm

4. Jen says:

Sickness sucks. So does the nosefrieda, thankfully.

May the germs leave you all SOON!

I’m the sick one around here. Everyone else seems well. I’m trying not to be too cranky.

In keeping with the theme Groovymarlin introduced, here’s our youngest in her Halloween garb:

November 11th, 2008 at 6:53 pm

5. Stephanie says:

I was just thinking, “What a bummer the Thingamababy guy is sick…” Then I woke up this morning with a sore throat, achy body and my nose doing funny stuff. Well, not that funny. Usually I’m the last in the family to get sick… this time I’m the first. Blech.

November 12th, 2008 at 6:43 am

6. Bob says:

Bummer, I really hope everyone gets well soon.. that’s no fun at all.. :(

Here’s a couple of Halloween pics to join in with everyone above

We had a little Batman ( I much prefer the old school costume)

oh, and for a laugh, here’s what happened when we tried to put the “cowl” on Batman..

November 12th, 2008 at 7:15 am

7. Ginger says:

Nosefrida is our best friend too! Best money I’ve ever spent.

November 12th, 2008 at 8:21 am