Thursday, July 17th, 2008
Cromulent Questions from a Sleep-Deprived Dad
Whew, for once I went to bed without blogging. (This post doesn’t count.) In my absence today, I’m picking your brain for a few things.
1) Contest. Hypothetically speaking, if you #1 had your own blog and #2 were going to give away a large number of children’s books in a contest, what type of contest would you design?
Specifically, I’m seeking a contest that is fun for you, creative and requires some thought being put into it, but not a lot of time. Perhaps something involving the book titles? Leave a comment below to help me brainstorm.
2) Anti-princess. If you have a daughter, have attempted to moderate access to pink or princess-type merchandise, and have comments or a story about your experience, tell me! E-mail me via the link at upper right.
3) Anti-boy-thingies. If you have a boy, have attempted to moderate access to certain stereotypically boy things (blue clothes, trucks, toy guns or ?), and have comments or a story about your experience, tell me! E-mail me via the link at upper right.
4) Embiggened kids. If you have children who have graduated out of toddlerhood, what blogs or other websites do you read that pertain to the nebulous 5- to 12-year-old bracket? You know, that period when they don’t need you as much, but still love you. E-mail me or post a comment below.
5) Placeholder. Sorry, I don’t have a fifth topic, but putting something here somehow makes this post seem more substantive. Anything on your mind?