Discuss: Regis and Kelly Baby Contest

Note: Click to follow the 2009 contest on our updated page.

Photo of the Live with Regis and Kelly 2007 Beautiful Baby Contest winner.

The 2007 contest winner

It’s that time of year again. Live with Regis & Kelly is hosting its Beautiful Baby Search with Parenting Magazine. Last year’s grand prize was $5,000. This year it’s $125,000! The entry deadline is Friday, January 11, 2008.

The Stakes:

• Five finalists will appear in New York on Live with Regis and Kelly and receive a photo shoot by Parenting Magazine.
  • One grand prize winner will receive $125,000 for the child’s college education and appear on the cover of Parenting Magazine.
  • Four runner-ups will each receive $25,000 toward 1 year of a college education.
  • Ten semi-finalists will each receive five $200 gift cards for Walgreens.

The Details:

Your child must be between the age of 6 months and 48 months as of December 18, 2007 and a legal resident of the United States, the District of Columbia, or Canada, with the exception of Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and the Province of Quebec, Canada.

Your submitted photo must have been taken in the last month and cannot be the product of a professional photographer. Images that are submitted online should be formatted as a JPG or GIF 150KB or smaller.

Dates to Remember:

1. Entry deadline: 5 p.m. Eastern Time on Friday, January 11, 2008.
  2. Potential semi-finalists will be contacted by telephone the week of February 4, 2008 with three attempts made.
  3. Photos of 10 semi-finalists will appear on the TV show and Live’s website the week of February 11, 2008. Online voting will occur, with the voting time period announced on-air (my speculation: it will probably be a 12 or 24-hour voting period).
  4. Five finalists will attend a photo shoot held by Parenting Magazine and appear in person on Live with Regis & Kelly during the week of February 11, 2008.

Official Links:

Note: Thingamababy is not hosting this contest and cannot provide you technical support or anything official. Click the links above for the full, current official rules and entry information.

Unofficially, discuss the contest below for fun. Did you enter your kid?

Note: Click to follow the 2009 contest on our updated page.

Comments

56 Responses to “Discuss: Regis and Kelly Baby Contest”

1. Summer says:

I have entered my daughter every year. She is 2 and a half years old, and next year will be her last year. I don’t know how they look at all the pics as many as they get… I often wonder if some intern is there opening email and picking who goes on. We will never know, but I think my daughter is the most beautiful! Regis Beautiful Baby Pics – click below to see some of her pictures:

[link removed per comment on 1-22-2008]

January 2nd, 2008 at 6:58 am

2. Summer says:

There website doesn’t say you can only send one picture – just says only one per person will be chosen to go forward…. so here are the pics I am sending in… tell me what you think!

[link removed per comment on 1-22-2008]

January 4th, 2008 at 11:22 am

3. Jodi says:

I entered my baby in the contest and the photo was taken on November18th. They say the photo has to have been taken within the past month, but a month from what date? Anyone know? I don’t want to be disqualified because of something as silly as a date…

January 7th, 2008 at 7:33 am

4. Summer says:

Yeah they don’t have a date on the official rules just says “in the last month” but I know that the week of December 10th they started talking about it saying it had to be within the last month, so I think since it was after that date it should be fine

January 7th, 2008 at 1:47 pm

5. Lisa says:

i added my daughters pic last night, however i dont see it on the site. it said that the photo had been submitted successfully, do they not put everyones on there?

January 7th, 2008 at 3:21 pm

6. Sheena says:

Wow $5,000 to $125,00 this year, that’s really great. Unfortunately I can’t enter since I’m due in May =).

January 7th, 2008 at 8:18 pm

7. Tammy Fotu says:

We sent a picture of my daughter, and her picture is still not on the gallery. Is there only a few that make it to the gallery? Also I read where we were not aloud to send professional pictures. Is that also correct?

January 7th, 2008 at 8:25 pm

8. Summer says:

Not all the pictures make it to the gallery not even close to all (I’ve been checking every day lol) We’ve entered her the past two years and not once has she been in the gallery. Who knows… I had wanted to get her picture in on the first day, but it had been going on for one week before I even heard about it. My mom told me. I always wonder if the ones who get their pictures in first are the ones in the gallery. Yes Sheena the stakes have risen! $125,000 for their college fund!

January 8th, 2008 at 6:44 am

9. Summer says:

oh and yes – no professional pics!

January 8th, 2008 at 7:25 am

10. Tammy says:

Looking at the gallery I do see a few professionals. They may have cut around it but come on. Rules are rules.

January 8th, 2008 at 10:58 am

11. Jennifer says:

How many pics are you aloud to send in?

January 8th, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Just as an FYII, some of the pics may look professional but that doesn’t mean that they are.
    I sent in some pics of my three year old daughter in the GAP contest and had to argue with them to get them acepted because they thought they were professional and they were not, just me my daughter and some white sheets for a background, lol. They actually made me send in some “out take” pics showing my porch and my cat in them to prove that I really did take them. It was flattering, but very annoying.
    Some people, like me, just photograph as a hobby, so I never like to assume that when I see a pic that it is a professional pic.

By the Way, MAN , some of those kids are cute. How the heck do they decide between them all. I would just close my eyes and point!

January 8th, 2008 at 8:24 pm

13. Summer says:

It doesn’t say how many you can send in. It does say extras may be requested. I sent in one official pic as my “entry” and then included extras. Yeah I didn’t think any looked professional… just really good… but its a wonder how they know…same with date… what if they sent in a picture that was from this summer. I sent mine in online, so online they will know cause every pictures has a digital date attached to it I think.

There are so many cute babies…FYI – there is a gallery on Parenting.com too…lots more pictures but mine’s not in there either. I don’t know how they choose… there are lots of cute ones… (I’ll always be biased for my own but still.) Good luck to all!

January 9th, 2008 at 6:39 am

14. Jackie says:

I’ve been trying to submit my son’s picture for almost half a hour but it keeps saying the site is too busy…anyone else having this problem?

January 10th, 2008 at 9:53 am

15. Trisha Powers says:

I believe if they are going to have these contests all entries should be shown on the picture gallery for everyone to see so everyone could vote because you can’t vote on something that you can’t see i believe that all children are beautiful so why not let the world see your beautiful creation.

January 10th, 2008 at 10:26 am

16. pv says:

I’ve been trying to upload a photo all day and can’t get it to go through! The site is probably overloaded by the millions of moms that think their baby is the most beautiful! :)

January 10th, 2008 at 11:18 am

17. Lila Marie Amen says:

I can’t decide?
    Pick which one like!
    Thanks!

January 11th, 2008 at 9:23 am

18. JM says:

Does anyone know if you had to send in the “still photograph release” form in by January 11th with the photo or do you wait to see if you have been chosen as a finalist first?

January 11th, 2008 at 9:51 am

19. Deborah says:

I have sent pictures of my Grandchildren with their parents permission, and have not seen any of them (my daughter’s Quads and my son’s daughter).

I agree that all pictures should be posted so that the public can vote and those receiving the most votes should go on to the finals.

Just my opinion

January 11th, 2008 at 10:20 am

20. F O'Neill says:

I personally think that ALL pictures should be able to be viewed.If not all at once then maybe they
    should be divided like A-D on Monday,E- H on Tuesday and so on.That way everyone will be
    able to see their little ones in the gallery.At least
    that way we will know that our pictures have at least been received.

January 11th, 2008 at 12:23 pm

21. P. Godboldo says:

I agree…all the pictures should be viewed!!!

January 11th, 2008 at 9:45 pm

22. Jan says:

I agree, I have entered photo contests before, and they show all the entries! Even if there are thousands! Are they going to have a site where we can send family members to vote? I am not a professional photographer. I have never been to school for it. I just have an artistic eye. Please check out my photos and the link inside my site. This is a great site for you to enter your children, and each photo is copyrighted, which I love! The Regis and Kelly contest allows them to use your photo anywhere they please. I have some photos that I would never put in a contest like this. Anyhow, good luck to all! All babies are adorable and I consider us all winners! I just wish I could see every cute baby’s face who is participating in this contest! My little boy’s name is Dalton and the title of his photo is, “Florida Snowman.” By the way, my site is still under construction, but at least you can see some of my work. Keep taking pictures of your little ones! We all know how they grow so fast! Oh , and shoot me an E-mail if you find more photo contest of any kind! I’m a stay at home Mom who loves to show off my work. I wish I could go to school for Photography! But for now, I’m just having fun with it! Enjoy!

Good Luck,

Jan

January 12th, 2008 at 9:14 am

23. Jan says:

Opps….It didn’t show my site address! Here it is……..scp.jansmurals.com

January 12th, 2008 at 9:16 am

24. TINA says:

I think all the pictures should be on the web site even if they don’t win. Everyone should be able to see thier child on the web site Did anyone ever find out how many pictures we could send. Good luck to everyone that has entered. Tina

January 15th, 2008 at 3:21 pm

25. Summer says:

I’ve been freaking out since yesterday! I went to Regis and Kelly’s site and saw Kaylea’s Pic up there! How cool! (And thanks to the person signing my blog today and letting me know!) They have added a ton of new pics and so has Parenting.com so see if yours is there too! Here is a link to my blog so you can see… This is the picture that my mom wanted me to send… she didn’t like my favorites lol Mom’s know best I guess! I just can’t believe it she has never made the gallery before thats too cool! I hope you all get to see your beautiful babies too! They say its a random sampling, so it doesn’t mean anything as far as the contest, but its still cool!

January 16th, 2008 at 11:04 am

26. Tam says:

Summer – Kaylea’s mom) did you send your pic by mail or e-mail? If you sent by mail did you include the signed releases for on-air use? And, did you go ahead and send more than one picture or just that one? T

I sure wish someone who has been a finalist before would read these posts and comment. I drive myself crazy with this every year!

January 17th, 2008 at 6:23 am

27. Summer says:

LOL too funny me too! (Drive myself crazy with this!) I have tried entering her every year and nothing, so far this is the best! Whew! I sent her pic in via email and then I sent it in (priority mail almost too late!) In my mailed package I included the picture shown on the website and a sampling of “extras” as well just incase they wanted them lol. I even went as far as creating labels to stick on the back of each picture with all the information typed out that they needed for the contest. And yes I signed the agreement and sent it in with my pictures as well. (First year I’ve ever done that! Guess its a good thing!) I even sent a letter with a cute poem on it but you never know that might have just gotten thrown away. I just think its cool she’s on there… but when I look at that page there are sooo many pretty babies I don’t know how they decide. I couldn’t! (Well I could cause I’m a mom but if I wasn’t I couldn’t). They are posting more and more pictures every day it seems… so I’d say keep checking. Good luck to everyone.

January 17th, 2008 at 7:04 am

28. Tam says:

Summer – I did the same … mailed my entry first. Typed everything out on labels. I only sent one picture. But, didn’t include that signed agreement, because I didn’t realize I was supposed to. So, I later -at the deadline- sent my entry via email since I thought I may be disqualified for not including that form with my mailed entry. I’d love to see my son’s photo in the gallery just to know it was accepted!! Too cool your little girl is on their website. I’d have to say it must be more than chance – who gets included on there – since some of the same kids pictured are also on Parenting’s site … and all the kids are little dolls. Out of (probably) 200,000 entries, how could any of them duplicate just by chance? Maybe there is some sorting going on there (who knows). I’d love to know from someone who made the finals how the process works. It was me, by the way, who posted up to your blog. I’ve been following this discussion board from the start to see if anyone else was as obsessive as myself! T

January 17th, 2008 at 9:40 am

29. sarah says:

can anyone tell me why there were no finalists posted for the GMABabytalk contest for 2007? when I search I am given a photo gallery of some of the entries but no finalist are winner whom should of appeared on the october issue of babytalk 2007.???

January 17th, 2008 at 11:28 am

30. JoAnn says:

Hello to all the mothers out there who submitted their child in the beautiful baby contest,

I am also one of those mothers. And I have been looking for my daughter’s picture on both T.V. and online. My daughter is no where to be found . But what I must have faith that even though her picture is not on T.V. or online it has been delivered to the proper people in question. Please don’t take me wrong I am very nervous because a lot is at stake. One child’s parent (meaning one of us mothers) will be able to put their mind at ease when it comes down to making sure there education is taken care of. If you are like myself (which I feel you all are) Education is the most important tool we can give our children. So since it is out of our hands now we shouldn’t let our nerves get the best of us all. The stress alone can harm the human body far more than we know.

Signed ,
    A Proud mother of one

January 17th, 2008 at 11:06 pm

31. Ta says:

Anyone else see their child on the Regis and Kelly gallery page? The parenting.com site? Boy, there are some adorable babies on there – my son is not pictured. There is one little girl, Sarah Ameer, that looks identical to me to the little girl that won the cover last year. I’d sure hate to be judging this thing … but would love to know how they go about picking/sorting from their thousands of entries. T

January 21st, 2008 at 10:39 am

32. Natalie says:

Hi i entered both my son and daughter this year as well as last year and the year before. Last year my Michael was pictured in the regis and kelly Gallery for the Friday gallery and i was so happy. That made my day :) I think it’s still up, i printed it out and all for his scrapbook. Silly mom i am. As for this year i am hopeing for the best, but there are alot of entries, so it’s like winning the lottery. Good luck to all the parents!

I attached a link to my babies pictures!

January 22nd, 2008 at 8:23 am

33. Summer says:

Careful posting links… I’d delete mine if I could… all of a sudden I have someone from Massachusets who came to my website from Thingamababy (FYI – crazy lady I have a tracker on my blog so I have your IP address) and she keeps leaving mean comments on there saying I’m crazy and that there are soooo many babies prettier than my daughter. I really think she’s mental.

My daughter is beautiful, just like millions of other babies out there are beautiful. Who is to say one is prettier than the other? Its just a contest – everyone could use a college education for their kids. Beauty is in everything, just not everyone sees it. There is no need to post hateful messages to make yourself feel better. Hopefully you will read this and grow up!

January 22nd, 2008 at 8:48 am

Summer, I removed your link. Sorry to hear that some parent out there is so insecure in his or her child’s own cuteness that he or she can’t handle competition.

January 22nd, 2008 at 9:16 am

35. Ashley says:

Well, Im a dork. I didnt know they had to be at least 6 months by that date. Thats pretty stupid though if you ask me.

January 22nd, 2008 at 1:34 pm

36. Tam says:

I just saw that parenting.com posted four more albums of random contestants. My son wasn’t in there … but maybe your child is!

January 30th, 2008 at 3:18 pm

37. Tanya says:

I just saw all the ablums photos on parenting.com . My son isn’t on there at all,but its a random seletced.Doesnt mean they are cuter than the rest,or are winners. I keep wondering if my photo went thru even it said it was successful.How would I know? I agree that they should upload everyones photos to a website,so we all know who babies are entered,and see our competitions!

Good Luck mommies! They will be calling 10 semi finalist starting Monday!

January 30th, 2008 at 10:58 pm

38. Eva says:

I am so curious if the photos in the albums include the winners. I would imagine that is the case. There are so many cute kids, I can’t help but think there are a disproportionate number of the better entries selected for the preview. I have never entered my kids in a contest before, but I have to admit, I feel so silly. I pour over the photos and think to myself that my kids could definitely win, but they weren’t even picked for the showcase. I guess beauty really IS in the eye of the beholder. I think every mom must feel this way, right?

January 31st, 2008 at 11:35 am

39. Summer says:

Eva – yes I think every mom feels this way. The bond between a mom and a child is so strong. Its hard to look at things objectively when you are a mom because no matter what you are always going to think your child is the prettiest… and thats OK! :-) You should! Its funny when my daughter was a little baby I used to think she was the prettiest baby her age… now I go back and look at some of her pictures and think… wow she was kinda goofy looking at that stage! But you are so blinded by love you can’t see anything else but beauty. Thats the joy of being a mom!

I’ve got my fingers crossed! I will definitely have my phone charged and by me all day! Good luck to all!

January 31st, 2008 at 1:22 pm

40. Sue says:

I would think that the finalist would have been notified by now. What do all of you think? I put up a white sheet on the wall and the photo I submited did look professional but it was not. I wonder if this will lessen my daughters chances.

January 31st, 2008 at 6:11 pm

41. Eva says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has decided that in some ways, a mother’s love is blind! I really see quite a number of beautiful children on the postings that have been made so far, and I think it’s safe to say that they are highlighting some of the best. I had been holding off on booking a trip for the kids to Disney because the contest rules said to be available that week, I am so ridiculous!! We went ahead and booked it today. ;) Good luck to all and congratulations Summer to your daughter being featured!

January 31st, 2008 at 6:22 pm

42. LP says:

Today I decided to do some much needed shopping, and wouldn’t you know it…I checked my caller ID when I got home and missed a “Private Number”! I get “unknown caller” all the time and NEVER get a private one. I know anyone can *67 so it will show that, but no one ever does that to me! I’m trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but not knowing who that call was from is driving me bonkers!!

January 31st, 2008 at 10:06 pm

43. Summer says:

I think they aren’t going to start calling until the week of February 4th which means they will start on Monday.

Eva – too funny…we too have been planning a trip to Disney, but I informed my husband not to buy the tickets or make the hotel reservations just yet. Probably ridiculous lol! Funny that another parents was thinking the same thing!

PS – planning a trip to disney now before she turns 3 and we have to pay for her!

February 1st, 2008 at 5:28 am

44. B says:

I also believe the winners will be notified starting Monday the 4th. It states in the rules contestants will be notified that week. You have to believe the pictures posted aren’t necessarly the winners, maybe they do not want you to see the ones they have chosen (just a thought-since my twins are not pictured… hee hee). Best wishes to everyone!!!

February 1st, 2008 at 4:29 pm

45. Sue says:

My daughter was not posted on any of the sites either. I just keep crossing my fingers. I would be happy with gift certificate to walgreens. There are so many cute children out there. My daughter has red hair and I keep hoping it will stick out since there are not many red heads. Wishful thinking I guess.

February 1st, 2008 at 4:46 pm

46. Sue says:

If anyone does get that call next week, let us all know! I guess there will be a lot of mom sitting by the phone including myself. There are so many beautiful children out there I would think it would be hard to pick. I hope they have professional looking at the photos and not just a clearing house.

February 2nd, 2008 at 6:46 am

47. Tam says:

I just checked out the Regis and Kelly site – to see if my son is pictured. He’s not … but I did notice that on this random sampling of pictures … there are at least two kids on there TWICE (just with different spellings of their names). The exact same photos pictured twice. Random? Maybe not. There may just be some sorting going on on that site. Maybe … maybe not … but interesting!!

February 3rd, 2008 at 7:11 am

48. Tam says:

I just went back to the Regis site and there are at least 4 pictures in there that are duplicates: one Anna has her exact picture in there twice, Adele, Elise and Luiza. Not sure what the odds are out of thousands to get your photo picked twice.

February 3rd, 2008 at 7:29 am

49. Tam says:

I just checked again – two more kids with two photos in the random gallery: one of the Ryans has two identical pictures and a Tyler is in there twice with two different pictures of him. If this is a random gallery, from many thousands of entries, then that is strange. But, if they are sorting somehow on that site … are they sorting kids in or sorting out?? Hmmmmmm? I wonder if any or all the kids who were finalists last year were from that web site gallery.

February 3rd, 2008 at 12:08 pm

50. Katie says:

I am so glad to read these comments and see other moms out there having the same thoughts as me! I check those photo galleries several times a day hoping to see by baby up there, but no such luck.
    I am just glad they will notify the finalist soon so I can find something else to obsess over! Good luck everyone!

February 3rd, 2008 at 7:23 pm

51. valerie says:

I entered my sons photo, but never read the thing that said it couldn’t be the work of a professional, and I was wondering why all the photos were just regular photos! oops… we are definetely disqualified! better luck next year!

February 27th, 2009 at 5:44 am

52. R.C. says:

Yes, I do think they should show each and every picture of every child they receive! It’s only fair! Every baby is beautiful! Good luck, everybody!!

March 1st, 2009 at 2:46 pm

Would you volunteer the time to put it up, the bandwidth to post all the pictures, etc R.C.?

March 2nd, 2009 at 8:19 am

54. Tiffani Klausing says:

I’ve submitted my daughter pic via e-mail and regular mail for 3 yrs now, never has she been posted on the gallery or the additional pics. I really think they need to come up with a better solution.

March 10th, 2009 at 9:27 am

55. Buy acai berry says:

Your blog is very interresting for me, i will come back here..

May 22nd, 2009 at 1:13 pm

56. Bill says:

Can’t upload picture..it says the file is to small. the file is 2.6 MB…What should I do?

January 25th, 2010 at 4:49 pm