Friday, November 2nd, 2007
Recalled Toys for October 2007
Here is an at-a-glance rundown of children’s products "voluntarily" recalled in October 2007 or identified by Consumer Reports as being a concern (photos after the jump).
In related news, our backward Consumer Product Safety Commission is opposing legislation that would "increase the agencyâ€™s authority, double its budget and sharply increase its dwindling staff." Once again, we must ask, who does the CPSC truly serveâ€”us or the industry?
Consumer Reports found these products to be of concern:
- Medical Kit by Fisher-Price
- Elmer’s Glue Sticks with Dora the Explorer, Diego, or SpongeBob SquarePants
- Jordan Kids’ backpacks shaped like ducks
The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced "voluntary" recalls for these products:
- "Galaxy Warriors" toy figures by Henry Gordy International Inc.
- â€œUgly Teethâ€ party favors by Amscan Inc.
- Elite Operations toys by Toys â€œRâ€ Us
- Ribbit Board Games by SimplyFun LLC
- Purple Halloween pails with witch decorations by Family Dollar Stores
- Football bobble head cake decorations by DecoPac
Toy gardening tools by Jo-Ann Stores Inc.
- Go Diego Go animal rescue boats by Fisher-Price
- Bumbo ‘baby sitter’ seats by Bumbo International
- Children’s metal jewelry (Beary Cute, Expressions, and Sassy & Chic) by Greenbrier International
- WeGlow childrenâ€™s metal jewelry by WeGlow International
- Reynolds UL bicycle forks by MacLean Quality Composites
- Magnetic game pieces sold with "Cars" themed backpacks by Global Design Concepts
- Toy pirate swords by Gymboree
- Inflator air pumps sold separately and included with â€œLaunch Podâ€ Water Trampolines by Sportsstuff Inc.
- Girls’ boots by Payless ShoeSource
- Skull pails filled with Halloween candy mix by R.L. Albert & Son
- Cool Clip and Mini Cool Clip bookmarks by Antioch Publishing
- Tabletop puppet theaters by Guidecraft
- Pink and orange glow sticks by Dunkinâ€™ Donuts
- Rocky Mountain-Solo bicycles by Procycle Group
- 2007 Huffy "Howler" and "Highland" bicycles by Huffy Corp.
- Oro disc brakes used on bicycles by Formula SRL
- Turtle sprinklers by Ross Stores
- Breyer 2006 stirrup ornaments by J.C. Penney
- Deluxe wood art sets by J.C. Penney
- Disney deluxe Winnie-the-Pooh 23-piece play sets by J.C. Penney
- Princess magnetic travel art set lap desks by Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
- Bendable dinosaur toys by Kipp Brothers
- Collectible "Jeff Gordon" mini helmets by Riddell Inc.
- Kidnastics balance beams by Flaghouse Inc.
- Cub Scouts totem badges by Kahoot Products
- Children’s plastic cups by Starbucks Coffee Co.
- Razor E300 electric scooters by Razor USA LLC
- Alpine design aluminum water bottles by Sports Authority
- Bookmarks and journals by Antioch Publishing
- Key chains by Dollar General Merchandising
- Children’s toy decorating sets by Toys "R" Us
- Frankenstein tumblers by Dollar General Merchandising
- "Pirates of the Caribbean" medallion squeeze lights by Eveready Battery Co.
- Baby Einstein discover & play color blocks by Kids II Inc.
- Wooden pull-along alphabet & math blocks wagons, wooden pull-along learning blocks wagons, 10-in-1 activity learning carts, and Flip-flop alphabet blocks by KB Toys, Inc.
- Plush boys rattles by Target