Thursday, September 27th, 2007
Three Unusual Baby and Toddler Products, Vol. 7
Here are three must-haves found around the blogosphere.
1. Horse Chariot â€“ It’s a steel and wood ride-on chariot for ages 3 and up. Young Ben Hur can pedal while steering his horse by its handle, or Ben’s assistant can extend the handle to 16 inches and flip it forward to pull Ben around the playground. Sorry, there’s no mention of whether the horse’s legs move, but for $129 that horse had better gallop. [link via Babble]
See previously: Toddler Rickshaws: Radical Ride-on Toy Roundup
2. Leather-like baby gear â€“ I shouldn’t be surprised that leather-like baby carriers and high chairs exist, but I am. (I thought this stuff was leather until 5 minutes after posting this article, then I did a double-take at the word “fabric” on the web site.)
The company, Victoria Staten, also makes men’s and women’s diaper bags, a playpen and baby seat. Baby Chic 101 has photos of a new faux leather stroller, too.
Victoria’s “Our Story” page explains, “Her goal is to provide sophisticated consumers with products that combine superior functionality, with a sense of style that is uniquely attuned to each consumer’s lifestyle. She wants to ensure that everyone she touches enjoys the experience.” She means touched by her brand, of course. Check out the saucy photo on the contact page. [link via BebÃ©s y mÃ¡s]
3. Babywunder Deluxe â€“ Finally someone has solved the age-old dilemma of not knowing whether your toddler has pee’d or pooped in the potty seat. Instead of creating a better hearing aid, or improving the acoustics of the potty basin, someone thought, hey, let’s design a see-through potty.
I just have to wonder, with your kid hunched over this thing, don’t you have to do some serious bending to see the contents at the bottom of the bowl? Or do parents these days do their potty training on bathroom counters? Maybe I’m just old fashioned. I don’t want to know the contents of the potty until the kid stands up. I’m pretty sure I heard what went on, but I like to keep a little mystery in my life. [link via MomFinds]
Also see: the Spotty Potty, a clear potty with black cow spots, because, well, just because.
See also: Three Unusual Baby and Toddler Products:
- Volume 1: High Leg chair extender, nursing bracelet, Clever Coverz.
- Volume 2: PlatePal, Mama Snot Pluck, Tubsider parent seat.
- Volume 3: The Zoo animal storage, Sneeze Sleeve, The Potty Song.
- Volume 4: Yellow pages booster seat, My First Zamboni, Solar System Travel Bag.
- Volume 5 Japanese edition: shampoo hat, nursing bottle scissors, Pooh bedpan.
- Volume 6: Doll playground, baby cologne, foam receiving blanket.
- Volume 7: Horse chariot, leather-like baby gear, Babywunder Deluxe.
- Volume 8: Fropper, safety tattoos, Snow Bear sled.
- Volume 9: Birthday Suit Bear, Wooden Train Chandelier, Pink Lego Bucket.