Monday, June 11th, 2007
Caption Contest #2
The contest has ended. Thanks for playing!
The winner who takes home the wonderfully inventive Fortamajig fort-building toy isâ€¦ Mariel from San Antonio, Texas.
These are the top ten captions:
- Snips and snails and puppy dog tails make for a messy little
boy, but puppy dog licks and family pics are what bring lasting joy!
- "Honey, have you been feeding the baby Slim Jims again?" â€”Ponch
- "How many licks does it take to get to the center of this baby pop?" â€” Wendy Sebastian
- Yep… this end tastes better. â€” Marianne
- Automatic, organic, baby washing station. Deposit 2 bones for service. â€” Florabora
- Fido remembers a time of dignity, now to stay in the good graces of his master, he has been reduced to â€¦this. â€” Whitney Wright
- The new nanny didn’t say much, but she was really good at keeping the baby clean. â€” Fran Magbual
- This spa has the best facials! â€” Sandy
- "You don’t look like my other pups. But, I love you anyway." â€” Vicki Weisshaar
- You’ve almost got my face clean. Just one more lick and I won’t have to take a bath. â€” Ticia
For posterity, below are the contest rules, along with all of the submitted captions.
Submit your caption for the photo above via the comment form located at the bottom of this article. Be sure to include a valid e-mail address (it won’t be published, but will be used to contact the winner)!
This photo is a head scratcher for me, so I can’t wait to see what churns up in peoples’ minds.
One funny, punny, creative or thoughtful caption submitter will win a single layer purple or lime Fortamajig, the ultimate fort-building toy. Read the Thingamababy review, and then print this product flyer (PDF) and accidentally leave it where your spouse will see it.
A second Fortamajig has been awarded to Thinga-reader Linda Warner for submitting her photo for our captioning fun. Thanks Linda (and everyone who has submitted photos thus far)!
The contest ends 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2007.
Fortamajig â€” "Finally, there’s a new plaything that doesn’t involve batteries or video screens. The Fortamajig is a simple, yet revolutionary, new playspace which offers kids a fun, easy way to build playspaces anywhere. Constructed of durable and colorful fabric panels, the Fortamajig â€” 8′ x 8′ in its full, open state â€” has been designed to allow kids the ability to easily create, change and implement creative spaces just about anywhere, indoors or outside. Featuring adjustable Velcro loops around its interior and exterior edges, the Fortamajig â€” designed as a power tool to spark imaginations â€” can attach to chair-backs, stair rails, door knobs, tree branches, you name it! Each Fortamajig comes with a matching tote bag and is machine washable. The Fortamajig, safety tested for ages 3+, is available in two versions: the ultra lightweight single layer model and the two-color reversible model. Both models are available directly from The Happy Kid Company site at www.thehappykidcompany.com."
That’s right, one lucky winner will set up his or her home with a toy that is good for years of creative fun. Thank you to The Happy Kid Company for sponsoring the contest. Now post a caption!