Wednesday, May 9th, 2007
Caption Contest #1
This contest has ended. Long live the contest.
Wow! You submitted 84 great captions. To judge them, I sat down with my wife and my parents who happened to be visiting. We independently voted in three elimination rounds to come up with ten captions for Boon to (debate in their office and) choose one winner. Here are those ten.
10) Just think of it as recycling. â€” Mary
9) "I dare you…..No, I double-dog dare you." â€” Jenn
8) "Please pass the fava beans," said the chicken as he sipped a nice Chianti. The spotted dog sat in shocked silence. â€” Kelli
7) "I’m sorry. I’m so very sorry for you… You gonna eat that?" â€” Carson Park Ranger
6) "Cannibalism! You’ve got to be kidding. Morty hasn’t been able to fertilize an egg in years." â€”Eric
5) "I ate my baby, now you eat yours." â€” mod*mom
4) Okay, no more Jonathan Swift for you! â€” Linda (modest literary honors are granted for this submission)
3) And that’s when Dottie knew her game of Truth or Dare had gone too far. â€” Beckie Tetrault
2) "Happy Mother’s Day! We made you breakfast." â€” Linda
1) PBS version of Fear Factor is a hit among the coveted 2- to 5-year-old demographic. â€” Priscilla
Thanks to everyone who participated! Now go pummel us with your brain power in caption contest #2.
For posterity, the original contest text and all submitted captions can be found below…
Great googly-moogly, a caption contest! Prizes, too!
Submit your caption for the photo above via the comment form below. Be sure to include a valid e-mail address (it won’t be published, but will be used to contact the winner)!
The submission deadline ended Saturday, June 9, 2007. A winner will be announced soon.
Read the contest rules for the nitty gritty.
Check out the awesome prizes one funny, punny, creative or thoughtful participant will take home in contest #1.
Boon’s Frog Pod â€” "No more tub toys lying around your bathroom! The Frog Pod conveniently stores your child’s squirters and floaties: just scoop ‘em up and rinse them off with the detachable scoop, then click the scoop into the wall-mounted frog where the toys can drain and dry. The innovative design also includes froggy fingers that double as hooks and a hidden shelf for shampoo and more! An industry award-winning product that parents and children both love." [Amazon]
Boon’s Bath Goods â€” "A collection of fifteen bath appliquÃ©s, three balls, and two mini-scrubbies makes bath time a creative and playful experience. These designer toys do not absorb water, reducing mold and mildew. Their contemporary colors and funky forms look great in the modern bath. The mini-scrubbies are designed to fit little hands perfectly. Includes 15 designer bath appliquÃ©s, 3 balls and 2 mini-scrubbies. Ages 6 months and up." [Amazon]
Boon’s Flo â€” "This innovative faucet cover does more than just protect your child from accidental bumps and the faucet’s hot metal. It also diverts the water into a gentle, cascading waterfall that’s ideal for rinsing hair (or just playing in!). Plus, it works as a bubble bath dispenser, with a special reservoir that releases bubbles at the touch of a button. Great colors, soft materials on the tip, and a contemporary form make this an innovative bath-time must." [Amazon]
That’s right, one lucky winner will really clean up. Thank you to Boon, Inc. for sponsoring the contest!