Biker Crashes 6-Year-Old’s Birthday Party

My nephew celebrated his sixth birthday recently at a public park. One of the highlights was the noisy arrival of a characteristically loud motorcycle carrying Animal, a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse. It’s true what they say. When BACA shows up, everyone knows it.

BACA is a support group for kids in need, working in conjunction with law enforcement, to provide whatever help is required. Read my post from last year detailing this great organization. I won’t recap my nephew’s situation other than to say legal proceedings are still grinding away — and that BACA does what it says it does, even being present in the courtroom as part of my nephew’s support network.

I really just wanted to share a few photos of Animal to put a face on BACA and say this is a cool group of folks.

Animal and Cookie.

Two more photos after the jump. These photos are shared with Animal’s permission.

This jacket patch reads: Warning! The Surgeon General has determined it is hazardous to mess with a B.A.C.A. child.

Three jacket close-ups. One patch reads,

Three jacket close-ups. One patch reads, “No child should live in fear.” Another is the BACA logo. The third is a chest pocket area containing a BACA pin, a name patch labeled “Animal” and a patch reading, “Keepers of the children.”

Seven months earlier: an introduction to BACA.

Comments

18 Responses to “Biker Crashes 6-Year-Old’s Birthday Party”

1. pbt says:

Awesome!

March 22nd, 2007 at 7:39 pm

2. hrk says:

I remember this from last year, it moved me to tears. This is so incredibly awesome, I’m at a loss for words.

March 23rd, 2007 at 11:26 am

3. Meghan says:

I remember the first post, thanks for letting us know that the BACA keep their word. What an awesome organization.

March 24th, 2007 at 8:46 am

4. Casino Hawk says:

I get the honor to ride to these events and help these children. If you ever get the honor of helping these children, you will remember it forever.

March 25th, 2007 at 11:38 am

5. Dylan says:

This is great! What an inspirational bunch of people!

March 28th, 2007 at 5:08 pm

6. JANET SONS says:

My ex-daughter in law attempted to kill my granddaughter last year,within 2 weeks after the children were placed with me BACA showed up and to say the least the children smiled,i cried (and alot of the BACA members did to).BACA replaced the nightmares and tears of two little girls with love,safety and a sense of no one will ever hurt them again.More people need to look at these BACA members as Angels on Harley’s.They are life savers

July 4th, 2007 at 7:59 am

7. Allison says:

Just want you to know that my motorcycle group has also had the privilege of working and riding with BACA. We support a local charity in Hartford involving children 14 months to 16 years who have been removed from their homes. BACA has been behind us and has been one of our strongest supporters since we started this 4 years ago. We have been honored to have them with us at our check presentation and to watch these giants of men and women come down to the child’s level is amazing. I love this group and I’m so happy that your nephew is a recipient of their love and kindness.

September 10th, 2007 at 9:10 am

8. Rebecca says:

As a child from a history of abuse,i only wish i would have the pleasure of knowing about who and what you where all about.As i grew older i begun to know more about different group’s,somewhere in life i meet some of the people involved,i have some good friends in texas,the are really great people.Anyway i have a freind here in la that is a rape nurse at the hosptail local and rides,she would like to get some information on how to get involed so that there will be one local for our childern,there is a lot in lake charles la and the court system,we’ll it work’s but not as it should.Thank you for taking the time out to read this,hope to hear back

September 16th, 2007 at 8:00 am

9. B.A.C.A Support Member OPIE says:

There are three chapters in Louisiana and I would be happy to direct you to one of them. Please Contact me at optaylor@suddenlink.net

November 12th, 2007 at 5:20 pm

10. Tiny - Tri county ohio baca says:

Thank you guys for doing a great job. It is an honor to be a part of B.A.C.A. Seeing these children as happy as cookie and feeling safe makes it worth it all. As long as we continue to empower these kids, they will be able to do anything, they can do anything. they are the best.

January 29th, 2008 at 8:40 pm

11. Witchy says:

My daughter, Wolflady, and her husband, Gunner, are involved with BACA. It is a great group of people.

July 12th, 2008 at 6:04 am

12. Lil' Bit says:

I am so glad that a sister chapter was able to make such a huge impact on Cookie :-) I love my BACA brothers and sisters and we are all honored to be able to empower these children that we “adopt” into the BACA family. Thank you for posting your experience with BACA. We are all about the kiddoes.
    God Bless! – “Lil’ Bit” — B.A.C.A. Member Buffalo Creek Chapter

September 11th, 2008 at 9:15 am

13. crazyrottweiler says:

respect brother’s and sister’s
    from a B.A.C.A.-nl member (south)

November 29th, 2008 at 1:41 am

14. lilmama says:

I have grown up with bikers all my life , i have a 21yr son with a disability and my stunning Daughter just turned 2yr old who is also disabled ..
    My daughter was the victim of abuse at 8mth , when i found out i walked away from the abuser..
    Im 4ft and disabled too , he was 6ft 2, and we are still being tortured by him and his little followers..
    God bless these protectors of the innocent, i wish with all my heart BACA were in Northern Ireland..
    If anyone knows of any org or could BACA set up chapters in NI, our arms are open ..Thank god for everything you have all done for the children out there YOU have shadowed as they learn to live again. x0x0x0x

June 14th, 2009 at 1:01 pm

15. BoZo says:

i AM A FELLOW BACA BROTHER AND THIS IS A GREAT SHOWING FOR BACA NATION WIDE. RIDE ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS

August 18th, 2009 at 2:04 pm

16. Blondee says:

We are the first chapter in Virginia!!! I am a fellow B.A.C.A. sister, and this warms my heart to know that we are so well received by the communities in which we support and protect our children.

Ride safe my Brothers and Sisters

September 3rd, 2009 at 7:41 am

17. KIMBERLY says:

I AM SO THANKFUL FOR EVERYBODY WITH B.A.C.A THEY MADE A MAJOR INPACT ON NOT ONLY MY DAUGHTERS LIFES BUT MY LIFE ALSO…THANKS GUYS AND GALS…EXSPECIALLY MR.POTATO HEAD (BIG JOHN)

November 28th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

18. Dragon says:

Hey Animal
    and Cookie to.
    Great foto’s nice to see Cookie smile…. that’s the reason Baca live for…..

Hope to meet you some day Animal
    L&R Dragon