Costco Receipts as Toddler Playthings

Photo of a Costco receipt with a smiley face drawn on it in black ink. A close inspection of the receipt reveals AJ edited it so that the purchased items are listed as Thingamababy, Domo-Kun, Spidey Sense, Kryptonite and Godzilla.
When we approach the exit at Costco, I usually hand the receipt to my 2.5-year-old daughter so that she can show it to the exit door employee.

Some of the friendlier employees will draw a face on the receipt and hand it back to her. Little do they know that as we walk back to our car, my daughter holds the receipt to her chest each and every time.

“What are you doing honey?”

“I’m giving my smiley face momma milk.”

Comments

8 Responses to “Costco Receipts as Toddler Playthings”

1. thordora says:

Wish my Cosco sold Spidey Sense.

Viv loved the postcard. Didn’t get the Festivus Pole though. :)

January 4th, 2007 at 2:47 pm

I knew everyone would ignore the face and just look to see what I bought at Costco. So, I took a few liberties. It’s an otherwise real receipt. There is nothing embarrassing on the original receipt, unless you count my caffeine addiction.

January 4th, 2007 at 3:31 pm

3. Monique says:

Neat that you mention this, i thought my Costco was the only one to do this. :-) Glad to hear others do it too. We hand our son the receipt too. When we went to have our pictures taken for the membership cards, they asked if our son wanted to take his picture with us. So on mom’s Costco memberhsip card and dad’s you see us holding our son and smiling at the camera. It’s pretty fun. Now he hands the card over when we walk in since his mug is on it too. :-)

January 5th, 2007 at 8:45 am

4. Suzanne says:

That is hilarious. I don’t know what Costco you go to (we’re in the SF Bay Area), and they do similar things here. And I do the same kind of thing… let the kid hand it over. And when they hand it back with a smiley face, PIC will say something like, “Last time they used an orange marker.” I’m always amazed at how much they pay attention to detail.

January 5th, 2007 at 9:51 am

5. William Noetling says:

Holy crud, you can get Kryptonite for $9.89 at Costco? Superman better watch out!

January 5th, 2007 at 9:56 am

6. Jay @ Strollerderby says:

I’m just jealous that you only have to pay 7.25% in sales tax. Damn Washington state tax-and-spend liberals!

January 7th, 2007 at 9:28 pm

7. Amy Lynn says:

Too cute! I guess “mommy milk” is good for all kinds of happy things–or maybe it’s an antidote to kryptonite.

September 1st, 2009 at 9:53 am

8. DrMomma says:

This is the best thing I’ve read all day!! Thanks for the smile. Momma milk IS the best thing for all, isn’t it?! :)

December 17th, 2009 at 11:45 am