Thursday, August 17th, 2006
Link Rodeo, Volume 5: Research Edition
I was searching Ohio State University’s web site for a piece of baby research that turned out to be too old to be online. I did find some other interesting research news thoughâ€¦
- Preschoolers who play with their privates develop better handwriting (small objects count, right?)
- Three out of four dads strongly influence whether a mom breastfeeds (use your power for good)
- Night lights probably don’t cause nearsightedness (probably? what do you mean probably?)
- Your disappoint me. (guilt trips are good)
- College students studied in a lab considered mothers less employable (Mmm, Mother I’d Like to Fire)
- Single dads are just as good as single moms (Brady Bunch lied to me!)
They were four men living all together, but they were all alone.
- Older children are not smarter than younger siblings (eat that, Mike!)
Sorry, inside joke.
- Babies and toddlers are more attune to sound than images (all we hear is radio ga ga)
(It’s not clever if I have to explain it. Maybe you’d prefer Video Killed the Radio Star.)
- Home owners raise smarter kids than renters (so homeschooling must generate geniuses, right?)
- You are wasting your time with nipple stimulation, enemas, tacos and tea (three out of four ain’t bad, I say)