Wednesday, July 12th, 2006
Baby Wipes Popular with American Soldiers in Iraq
A routine newspaper article about care packages being sent to soldiers in Iraq caught my attention when I noticed baby wipes are among the items being sent.
Uh, say what? So I googled around and found a great Sydney Morning Herald article detailing how soldiers survive the hot sticky sandy environment.
- Baby wipes remove camouflage make-up.
- Baby powder helps with heat rash.
- Diaper rash ointment fights “monkey butt”â€”damage done by your sweaty clothing rubbing in your most private of places.
- Lip balm lubricates zippers on canvas Humvee doors.
- Panty liners make great sweat bands under helmets, preventing pimples.
- Pantyhose are a pleasant substitute for chafing socks and boots.