Friday, May 5th, 2006
New Blogs in my Blogroll, Vol. 2
Baby blogs are sprouting like rabbits. Seriously, neuter your bunny today.
1) Minti â€“ It’s a parent community whose chief service is a database of advice articles written, rated and commented on by members. However, with blogs and photos and other features, it seems to be jockeying to be the MySpace of the parenting world.
2) Rookie Moms â€“ Two moms write about activities to do with your child. The entries are categorized both by their subject matter and the age of the child (e.g., prenatal, first month, second month, etc.).
3) 365 First Time Parenting Tips â€“ New parent Jef is 74 days into writing 365 advice articles. No word on what happens on Day 366.
5) Family Man â€“ Paul Nyhan, family and parenting reporter for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, blogs about other peoples’ blog posts, some news coverage and some personal stuff.
6) About.com: Babies and Toddlers â€“ I generally despise About.com for insta-framing links to remote web sites, but blogger Stephanie Brown has a good mix of occasionally-posted product, news and advice links.
7) Baby Roadies â€“ Product and clothing previews and miscellaneous posts with a bit of an attitude.
8) Minzoo â€“ Product previews billed as “modern gear for babies and their dads.”
9) Cool Mom Picks â€“ In Dadspeak: product previews. In Momspeak: “We’re just a few moms that track down cool stuff so you can stay busy being fabulous.”
10) Ugly Baby Contest â€“ It’s not a blog, but a mom’s ingenious idea. Hold a monthly ugly baby contest, charge entrants $9.99 a piece and share a portion of the money with the winners. She has quite a few, uhh, “winners” on display in the contest gallery. Also see this Tampa Bay Times article about JoJo, the proprietor, and check out the less capitalist (but expired) Thingamababy Ugly Baby Contest gallery.