Thursday, April 13th, 2006
Cleaning Out Baby Bookmarks, Vol. 1
The grandparents are visiting Little Miss this week, so here are some bookmarks I’m cleaning out. I say, if you haven’t written about a web page after six months, it’s time to let it go. So, here you go.
- AbsentDads.com is a 12-year-old girl’s attempt to grapple with having a father who left her nine years ago. The dates and current age of the child seem in question (e.g., I can’t tell when various passages were written), but a recent update states the father saw the web site in March 2006 and the kid will be reunited in some fashion with her dad in April.
- Piko the Penguin is a plush toy for asthma management, with related medical equipment stored in the toy.
- The 4-year-old’s workday and Your children are destroying the neighborhood are McSweeneys humor pieces.
- Banana Bunker is a plastic case for protecting your banana.
- Article: flame retardents found in toddler blood.
- AeroBlocks play structures are inflatable wall segments which connect to each other with Velcro straps.
- You Really Got Me. Read the linked lyrics to the popular Kinks’ song, but imagine the girl mentioned is your infant daughter waking you at all hours of the night.
- Babyz virtual baby software lets you play with a digital baby on your PC. It looks like the Babyz software debuted in 1999, but is no longer sold.
- Toy Taco portable playmat is a folding mat emblazoned with a street scene, or dinosaur valley, for use with toy cars, Lego blocks, etc.
- Tote ‘N’ Go DX Portable Car Seat turns a car seatbelt into a five point harness. Rated for 25 to 40lbs and 40 inches, it sounds like a handy way to transport an extra toddler on the fly.