Monday, March 27th, 2006
New Blogs in my Blogroll
1. Bebesymas (babies and more) is a Spanish-language blog which highlights baby products. If you’re like me, you look at photos and read posts which appear promising. So, Google’s English translation of the blog makes the site quite accessible.
2. Tips and Tricks to Happy Parenting
is written by an “ex-national golfer” turned stay-at-home-mom, out of
Malaysia. Here we learn lessons from her “parenting bag of tricks.” My
interest has grown in the last few weeks in learning the differences
between how I and my wife get Little Miss to do and learn things. You
know, how a single sentence can mean the difference between cooperative
peace and a full scale tantrum.
3. TB Kiddos has “practical finds and handy ideas for moms and preggies.” It’s a baby product blog, with a feminine bent and some celebrity baby news. I can’t say I understand peoples’ fascination with celebrity babies.
4. Sean Graham: The Expecting Dad. First, let me say… horrible blog name, unless Sean is retiring from bloggerdom in nine months. His blog is “one manâ€™s account of making it through pregnancy, childbirth, and everything in between.” I like to read pending-parent blogs because they make me feel young again. Somewhere between 12 and 21 months I got used to massive unending life upheaval. It’s nice to reminisce and remember when it all felt new.
5. Opinionated Parenting is apparently kaput. This blog was produced by Oprah’s Oxygen Network, pitting two bloggers, Laid-Off Dad and Mother-in-Chief, against each other on a given topic each week. Here is Laid-Off Dad’s notice and more explanation on OP’s blog.
It was an interesting format for a blog, but could have benefited from a less adversarily outlook. On one hand, who wants to see parents slapped together in a boxing ring? Let’s see them compare, contrast and challenge each other’s viewpoints without Oxygen’s pretext of a “he said, she said” format. On the other hand, when the two bloggers agreed with each other, it just wasn’t educational. A larger pool of bloggers should have been assembled with their opinions vetted to present a good combination of viewpoints each week. Either way, it’s lame for Opinionated Parenting to be axed after only six months, before it could find its place in the world.
Side note: Mother-in-Chief is a bit busy this month as Toddler-in-Chief is hospitalized for heart surgery (a Fontan procedure which at the moment is “wait and see.”). The whole thing made me sick (sad) reading, thankful our family doesn’t have to endure such trials. Wow. The word which comes to mind is… endurance.
6. What did I miss? I have been sorely backlogged with my blog reading. E-mail me if you have a new blog or an old blog with a good post you’d like me to check out.