Friday, March 10th, 2006
Five Links for Looking, Vol. 3
- An amazing photo of a 21-week-old hand emerging from a mother’s uterus during spina bifida corrective surgery conducted in utero. Four years later, an update about the child. A journalistic controversy surrounds the question of whether the baby’s hand reached out or flopped out. The photographer’s account and SNOPES’ conclusion differ.
- Mini-motorcycle training wheels exist for enthusiasts who want their kids motoring as early as 2-and-a-half-years-old.
- Baby sign reminder cards help you learn baby sign language, with the intention that you’ll place them in locations around your home where you are likely to use specific signs.
- An origami jumping frog recently entertained Little Miss while dining at a Chinese restaurant, folded by a waiter. She laughed with each leap. Instructions. More instructions. Yet more instructions.
- The Baby in Waiting bracelet and Pregnancy Bracelet let an incapacitated woman inform emergency personnel of her double occupancy status. Oh man, that would make a nice t-shirt. Time to shake the Google Ball.