Sunday, December 4th, 2005
Update: Toy Wish List 2005
Yay, more wish lists:
Here are a few updates and corrections to my Toy Wish List 2005:
- One Step Ahead published a coupon code this weekend while its web site was down for repairs. The deal is for 15% off and free shipping on orders of $85 or more, good through midnight Monday, December 5, 2005. To redeem, enter ‘ZREVISIT’ in the Promotion Code field during checkout There are plenty of exceptions, so check your order fully before completion. Visit Dealtaker.com for more One Step coupons.
- The Leap Frog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set seems to have two versions (at least for the moment) the one sold at Wal*Mart and the one sold everywhere else. The Wal*Mart version includes number tiles in addition to the regular letter tiles for the same price. This discovery gave me quite a moral dilemma. In our household Wal*Mart ranks somewhere between Microsoft and Bush on the evil scale. Thankfully, we still had a two-year-old $25 Wal*Mart gift card from Little Miss’ great grandmother. That’s $25 already in Wal*Mart’s coffers, so I figured the greater moral good was to redeem the certificate.
- Little Miss tested the Rock-a-buddies rocking chair at Costco and we were underwhelmed. The front legs of the rocker are short, causing Miss to make a hard stop as she rocked forward. That repeated jolt made it hard for her to get her rocking motion going. OK, it’s a chair and not a rocking horse, but Miss wants it to be a rocking horse. We’ll pass.
- Chief Family Officer reports that her Costco doesn’t carry the new George Shrinks book. If you really want George Shrinks for Christmas and your Costco is bare, e-mail me this week and we’ll see what can be worked out.
- Grandma reports Little Miss will be receiving a Kettrike Navigator tricycle for Christmas. Woot! If any other thingamarelatives are planning gifts, e-mail me to be sure we don’t duplicate efforts.