Friday, November 4th, 2005
Blog Roundup #1
Here are a few blog posts on my radar…
Dadcentric is a new blog featuring the writings of eight daddy bloggers: Chris, Tony, Jason, Chag, Peter, Warren, Whiff and Pierre. Chag describes it as "Maxim for dads, without the pictures of half-nekkid chicks." But, uh, isn’t that like subscribing to Playboy for the articles?
VeryMom has photographed her reusable diaper collection (woot!) and has a few things to say about magnet-friendly paint she used while redecorating her kids’ rooms (link goes to her October archive because there are multiple postings).
DadTalk’s essay, â€˜Mean Societyâ€™ Complicates Job of Good Parents, raises the question: how do I explain to my kids why mean, ruthless, greedy people often win in our society?
DaddyZine scored the best Halloween photo, or rather, the best photo title: Fairy about to smite.
Daddy Types has tons of good content every day and I expect everyone reading Thingamababy already reads DT. Nonetheless, here are a few topics which caught my eye…
- Toy Housekeeper Cart. We need a toy Swiffer in our house.
- Greg’s dissertation on stroller-buying has been published in Slate.
- HOW TO make an R2D2 Onesie.
- A flag-enveloped diaper was featured during a comedy segment on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report, but Daddy Types dug up a photo of the real deal.
- A toy called CreAtiles, designed by Fiesta Crafts, has "big, soft, yet rigid panels and pieces that fasten together in a variety of ways to make a house, a boat, whatever."
Modern Day Dad talks about Jack’s Big Music Show on the Noggin cable network, in the process linking to TV For Tots, a blog covering preschool TV shows. Little Miss won’t be watching TV so young, but many parents should find it of good interest.
Stay Home, Daddy-O posted a positive movie review of Wallace & Gromitt In The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit.
Sullivan’s World posted an AVI video clip of Sullivan geeking out to his Sassy Music in Motion Mobile.